LL.B (Hons.), Barrister at Law
She clerked at the August Supreme Court of Pakistan for the then Honourable Chief Justice Asif Saeed Khosa (2017-2018) and thereafter, with the Honourable Justice Syed Mansoor Ali Shah (2018-2019). Prior to such privilege, she was engaged as an Intellectual Property Attorney at Zafar and Associates-LLP.
Ms. Khush Bakht graduated from the University of London in 2014 being awarded an undergraduate degree of Bachelor of Laws (LLB Hons.). Thereafter, she was called to the Bar of England and Wales in 2016 and remains a life member of the Honourable Society of Lincoln’s Inn. Ms. Bakht enrolled as an Advocate of the Punjab Bar Council in 2017 and is currently a Counsel of the High Court.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Enrolled as Advocate High Court (2019).
Punjab Bar Council
- Bar Professional Training Course (2015-16).
University of the West of England, Bristol, UK
- LLB (Honours) (2011-14)
Pakistan College of Law, Lahore, Pakistan (Affiliate Centre)
LEGAL EXPERIENCE AND EMPLOYMENT HISTORY:
ABS & Co Advocates and Corporate Counsels (February 2020 – October 2020)
Drafted pleadings, representations and appeals in various cases mainly in civil, service and defence matters. Represented clients and argued before the High Courts, District Courts, Tribunals and Quasi-Judicial forums. Attended client meetings, prepared legal opinions, legal notices and other ancillary and incidental work.
- Supreme Court of Pakistan (16 October 2017 – 17 October 2019)
Provided assistance to his Lordship as he was then Honourable Justice Asif Saeed Khan Khosa and thereafter with his Lordship Honourable Justice Mansoor Ali Shah. I observed proceedings in court, conducted research, prepared and maintained case briefs, penned legal opinions and assisted in judgment writing.
- Zafar and Associates, Lahore, Pakistan (1 February 2017– 30 September 2017)
Intellectual Property Attorney
My practice involved assisting clients with all matters of trademark, copyright and design procurement, enforcement, licensing, and infringement. I particularly worked on trademark registration, protection, enforcement, litigation, and licensing. I liaised with attorneys in other jurisdictions for enforcement of IP rights internationally.
- Zafar and Associates, Lahore, Pakistan (1 February 2015 – 28 August 2015)
Intellectual Property Consultant
I notified clients of potentially conflicting trademarks and copyrights discovered after a careful survey of the Trademarks and Copyrights Journals. I drafted and processed trademark oppositions and copyright objections, and prepared injunction applications, passing off actions and infringement suits.
- Axis Law Chambers, Lahore, Pakistan (11 November 2014 – 14 January 2015)
Assisted senior associates with litigation and other transactional matters. This included research and drafting memorandums on numerous legal issues, most notably on company and arbitration law.
- 2016: ADR Group Accredited Civil and Commercial Mediator (40 Hour Intensive Training)
- 2014: Certificate of Merit (Jurisprudence and Legal Theory) by Pakistan College of Law
- 2014: Master Class in International Refugee Law by Dr Professor Marjoleine Zieck (Vice Dean of the Faculty of Law, University of Amsterdam)
- 2013: Career and Personal Development Course by Tranzcript Training School
- 2013: Certificate of Merit (Law of Evidence) by Pakistan College of Law
- 2012: Certificates of Merit (Constitutional Law and Criminal Law) by Pakistan College of Law
ACHIEVMENTS AND AWARDS
- My mooting experience is as follows:
- LUMS Annual Moot Court Competition 2013 (Won)
- Jean-Pictet International Humanitarian Law Competition 2013 (Semi-finalist)
- Henry Dunant Moot Court Competition 2013 (Runners-up)
- I led the Debating Society at Al-Mumtaz Model High School for three During this time, I participated in the Chief Minister of Punjab’s Declamation Competition (2008–2009) and reached the Provincial Rounds.
My interests involve travelling to enhance my exposure to the world, watching documentaries specifically on world politics and historical events; listening to podcasts and bullet journaling.
Urdu (Fluent), English (Fluent), Regional Languages: Saraiki and Punjabi.